cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDR and DB agent

jinxnbu
Level 5

Hi 

If i use SDR to recover a windows server which has DB agent. I understand that once i recover tthe server I need to restore the SQL data separately from a backup. But does SDR recover the DB application that was installed..eg sql oracle etc ? or do i need to install the applications and then restore the respective DB agent data. 

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Once the SDR recovery is complete, you''ll have to run a manual (agent-based) restore of the DBs such as SQL, Oracle. No need to reinstall the application itself.

View solution in original post

Colin_Weaver

Anything that is part of System State or standard file system (drive letter) backup will be (or can be) recovered by SDR (the "can be" comment is because non-critical volumes can be deslected from the backup or you can choose not to restore them)

Anything that calls an application API to do the backup (such as SQL or Exchange database content,  not the program binaries) has to have access to the same API for the restore and this API wil not be available in the SDR environment, hence you have to run a second restore job after you have got the main part of the operating system and file system recovered

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6

Once the SDR recovery is complete, you''ll have to run a manual (agent-based) restore of the DBs such as SQL, Oracle. No need to reinstall the application itself.

Colin_Weaver

Anything that is part of System State or standard file system (drive letter) backup will be (or can be) recovered by SDR (the "can be" comment is because non-critical volumes can be deslected from the backup or you can choose not to restore them)

Anything that calls an application API to do the backup (such as SQL or Exchange database content,  not the program binaries) has to have access to the same API for the restore and this API wil not be available in the SDR environment, hence you have to run a second restore job after you have got the main part of the operating system and file system recovered