cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP4 install requires SP2 WHEN SP3 is loaded. Why?

Alan_Foley
Level 4
Well I found that BE 9.1 4691 SP4 was released, my particular machine already has SP3 & HF54 installed. I downloaded SP4 and attempted to run it and recieve a message that SP2 needed to be loaded. If all of these SP's are cummulative why should this even matter, it should simply detect where it is at and load what is needed. This issue has come up with several of these patches why can it not be resolved once and for all.
41 REPLIES 41

Alan_Foley
Level 4
Will there ever be any hope of getting a correction to this problem, the attempt to apply "SP4A" still requires that SP1 be installed, which is no longer available on your web site, and still wouldn't really fix the problem. As I can see in the forum I am also not the only one with this problem, and in a "production environment" one cannot preform a clean load of the Be product every time you release a patch/service pack. Since it appears to be a registry related item, can you get a good installshield programmer to fix your installation package.

Alan_Foley
Level 4
Well here it is now Dec 06, this thread start on Oct 10 and it still is not officially resolved.
Does Veritas/Symantec have any intent to release a corrected "MSI" package that can properly query the currently installed SP's and hotfixes on the machine and then successfully install this SP4A package? Installation on a "clean-load" system is not a viable answer, it needs to work on regular "production systems", nor should one have to remove-reinstall the product, especially since you can't read the registry properly to determine updates, what certainty do we have of cleanly removing the whole package.