cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling issue in Backup Exec 2010 R2

deepraj
Level 4

Hi,

I am facing an issue with the Backup Exec that we have scheduled our daily differential and weekly full backups for the whole 2012 year and the scheduled jobs were working for an week. And after a week, the next day i saw the error "Invalid Schedules" in Job Monitor windows, I checked all chedules for my backup jobs and found that all the dates which i selected automatically get removed from there. We fcaed this issue with two times and now today morning also i faced the same issue, so any body can help me in regards to this

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi deepraj,

I think you're still running BE 2010 R2. My suggestion is to upgrade to BE 2010 R3. You can use the same license keys. Patch the installation of the media server with LiveUpdate and all available patches, and then push-install to the remote servers you might have.

Once done, check the scheduling again. If need be, delete the jobs and recreate them.

Thanks!

EDIT: The upgrade is straight-forward, but grab a copy of the Data/Catalogs folders before doing anything.

If the upgrade doesn't work, then try a repair of the BEDB using BEutility which is non-intrusive on the BEDB.

deepraj
Level 4

Okay i need to plan the upgrade then in next week as this weeked there few backup jobs have to run. Il come back to you after the upgradation.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Hmm the 2010 R3 scheduler doesn't really change much from the R2 scheduler as on the whole any identified problems or enhancements to schedule control has been moved to the major GUI changes in the BE 2012 project.

However going back to your problem  are you saying you have manually set days right through the year instead of using the weekly and daily repeat options?

deepraj
Level 4

Yes as there is no option to set daily and weekly setting. If you know the setting to set the weekly and daily schedule then it would be great...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Verbatim from a KB:

Invalid Schedule occurs usually due to:

• An associated record in the database is missing.

• The availability window and the schedule for the selection list being backed up by this job do not have a time in common.

Try running a repair of the BEDB and/or create new backup jobs/policies if first cause

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you click on the Edit Schedule Setting button in the Schedule section of the job property, you should see these.

You then check or click on the apropriate days and the pattern will be repeated.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...please quote the TN as well.

Thanks!

deepraj
Level 4

Yes we tried this but in this case it is taking the first days of every month, while selecting this it cannot take the dates of last week to complete first week as it takes the days of second week to complete first week. Due to this there are two dates are getting missed from few months. Is the same scheuling options are available with 2010 R?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The first week is always the first full week of the month.  Maybe you can describe what exactly you want to do.