cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Rebooting when being backed up. V-79-57344-65072

Eugene_Mitton
Level 2
Hi

I have been experiencing a problem backing up one of our servers for the last year or so.
We have 9 Servers that we back up daily and only get this error on one of them. The funny thing is that this happens intermittently.
What happens is that our Intranet Server just reboots when Backup Exec tries to connect to it.

The error we get is:
Backup- INTRANET2
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\INTRANET2\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

This happened 2 days ago, before that a week, before that 3 days, happened 2 nights in a row and then before that there would go a month, sometimes 2 moths with it not happening once.

The info on the internet said I have to look for Event ID 7031 in the System Log, there in no such Event on this Server and nothing else in Event Viewer at the time of the Server Rebooting.

We only back up 4 directories on this Server, InetPub and then a few with exe�s and dll�s and xls files in them.

We used to run ver 10.0 when we 1st started getting these errors, I then upgraded to ver 10d and this is still happening. We have un-installed and re-installed the Remote Agent a few times so far and it just keeps on happening.

Any help would be much appreciated. I know this is a weird problem with it only happening every once in a while.

Thanks
Eugene
1 REPLY 1

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Perform following steps :

On remote Servers :
How to enable/disable Advertising on Remote Agent for Windows Servers in Backup Exec for Windows Servers 10.0
http://support.veritas.com/docs/274285

On media and remote servers :
How to enable support for "Restrict Anonymous" when using Backup Exec 8.6, 9.x, and 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri