cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint - No Luck - 11d all patches

Casey_Sterling
Level 4
MOSS 2007 backup, item level appears to work fine

WSS 3.0 = upon selecting host (under MS sharepoint server farms, same as moss2007) error = "Access to the device is not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec"

Anyone know the steps? According to Symantec this is supposed to work.

The Backup Exec 11d Agent for SharePoint now supports both Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003 as well as Windows SharePoint Services 2.0/3.0. Using a 32-bit or 64-bit Backup Exec 11d media server, this agent can protect 32-bit or 64-bit MOSS-2007 servers and can protect Single-Server or Multi-Server Farms. This Agent also comes bundled with the innovative Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) that helps IT Administrators save time and money by giving them the ability to restore individual documents from a single-pass database backup. This technology allows the IT Administrators to restore the documents to the original document library in the SharePoint farm or redirect restore of documents to the file system.

9 REPLIES 9

Michael_Ellis_2
Level 5
Have to ask.  Have you installed the SharePoint plugin?

Casey_Sterling
Level 4
Theres a plugin?

Message Edited by Casey Sterling on 08-16-200707:51 AM

Casey_Sterling
Level 4
Ok, just finished a search for Sharepoint plugin, with no luck...?

Michael_Ellis_2
Level 5
Do you own the SharePoint Server License?

Casey_Sterling
Level 4
yep. out the gate works with moss 2007, nada on the older rev's...

Casey_Sterling
Level 4
Been a few days, I'm presuming this 'feature' does not work. Will call Symantec...look for my reply in 2008...

Min_WPT
Level 2
I'm able to select the WSS3.0 farm and start backup with the latest version of Backup Exec 11d 7170 + hotfixes, but remote agent crashes at the very end of the backup causing job to fail. Faulting application beremote.exe, version 11.0.7170.11, faulting module bedssps3.dll, version 11.0.7170.6, fault address 0x0002d1bd. Job ended: Friday, August 17, 2007 at 6:25:07 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred. Final error category: Server Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65072

Casey_Sterling
Level 4
OK - I think it's official. Backupexec does NOT support item level recovery for 2.0/3.0 sharepoint....

David_Bond
Level 5
Ok, thanks, now I know why the crappy agent wouldnt backup sharepoint services 3.0, because it had item level restore on, I would get access problems and nothing would be backed up that was if it didnt crash the backup server agent.

Does anyone know if it ever support item level restore? If not, its kind of a pointless agent if its to be used for wss3, might aswell just run a pre command to dump sharepoint to a file (like i have been doing to get my backups to work) to back up WSS3 before backing up the server its on.

Message Edited by David Bond on 09-18-2007 06:13 AM