cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2007 SP2 is not backed up by Backup Exec

egoncharov
Level 4
Partner

There is a job in BEWS12.5 which backs up SharePoint 2007 server. It worked well. After upgrading of SharePoint to SP2 there is an error

Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again." Final error category: Resource Errors

The link doesn't help to resolve the issue.

The description of error is

Unable to connect to Global Settings

In job properties window on Resource Credentials tab I select Global Settings and press Test Selected. Test result is Resource not found.

It worked well before upgrading. How to resolve the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
SharePoint 2007 SP2 is not yet officially supported with Backup Exec 12.5. You may check the software compatibility list for the same:
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/307063.pdf
Although, for checking details of this error, can you try selecting this sharepoint resource from selection list, by going under the web server, what error do you get there? Make sure you reboot the sharepoint server once to make sure remote agent is publishing itself and the sharepoint resources. Also, see if you can find any events in the sharepoint web server.

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
SharePoint 2007 SP2 is not yet officially supported with Backup Exec 12.5. You may check the software compatibility list for the same:
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/307063.pdf
Although, for checking details of this error, can you try selecting this sharepoint resource from selection list, by going under the web server, what error do you get there? Make sure you reboot the sharepoint server once to make sure remote agent is publishing itself and the sharepoint resources. Also, see if you can find any events in the sharepoint web server.

Thanks

egoncharov
Level 4
Partner
Thanks for the answer, Hemant Jain. I've done as you said and found that globall setting are on other server now (I don't know why sharepoint admins do so). After deleting the old global settings the backup job runs well.

Does Symantec plan to support SharePoint 2007 sp2?

Hemant_Jain
Level 6

Definitely, there will be plans to support SP2. But, official support is released after complete testing of the software. So, you can look forward to some changes in the software compatibility list in near future, once Symantec is done with testing the new release of SharePoint.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

egoncharov
Level 4
Partner
And one more question. Is there any link to a web page which contains last updates for BEWS?

Hemant_Jain
Level 6

Best way to get the latest updates is by using Liveupdate. Alternatively, you can visit following url to find out the downloads available:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15047

You will need to enter the version of Backup Exec you are using, here to get the list of updates available.

Thanks

egoncharov
Level 4
Partner
Thanks for the link. It will be very useful.

Does LiveUpdate automatically install those hotfixes on Media server and agents?

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Yes, it does, but only on the media server. You will need to push the update to Remote Agents manually using the push install wizard. This is same for manual updates also. Pushing the agents is the only option for updating the remote agents.

I hope that answers. If it does, please mark it  a solution.
Thanks

coolsuny
Level 3
Hi Hemant,

I do have a similar problem in backing up Share Point server from Backup Exec, when contacted symantec person told to upgrade the .Net frame work we have done the same and rebooted the share Point server but still I am not able to browse under the Share Point Farm when trying to select from Selection List.

Need your help in this..

egoncharov
Level 4
Partner
Thanks Hemant for the answers!