cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sicherung Exchange GRT langsam

jab2k12
Level 3

Hallo @ All

Wir sichern unseren Exchange Server mittels Backup Exec 2010 R3.

Die Sicherung mittels GRT ist sehr langsam  und liegt bei ca. 260MB/min, so dass das Backup für unsere Datenbank 120GB) knapp 9 Stunden braucht. Ohne GRT liegt der Durchsatz bei 1080MB/min.

Gesichert wird auf B2D.

Der Exchange Server befindet sich in einer Virtuellen Maschine (Hyper-V-Cluster) und hat 8 GB RAM

OS ist ein Windows 2008 R2

Exchange 2010 Sp1

NIC ist auf 1GB full duplex fest eingestellt.

RAID- Level des Clusters: RAID 10

Der Sicherungsserver ist ein Backup Exec R3 fully patched

OS ist auch hier ein Windows 2008 R2

NIC ist ebenfalls auf 1 GB full duplex eingestellt.

RAID- Level: RAID 5

Hat Jemand eine Idee woran es Liegen könnte?

13 REPLIES 13

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

What type of drive is the B2D located on?

USB drives, for example, are notoriously slow compared to a NAS or a SAN. Also, Exchange 2007 did away with non-GRT (legacy) backups...

Check and make sure your AV isn't actively scanning your BE services, and if so, put in an exclusion for this. You can also look at scheduling the job later/earlier if it clashes with any maintenance jobs running...

Post back with an update.

Thanks!

jab2k12
Level 3

Hi Craig,

The B2D is located on the local Media Server (Raid 5 Partition with 8TB).

Well, now thatyou mention it, an Av is running on both server. i'll define an exception at the AV.

CraigV

...the other thing to check is to see if you have bad fragmentation on that drive hosting the B2D. RAID 5 should be fine for backup purposes...

jab2k12
Level 3

...this was one thing i've checked. This item is ok.

I've define the exeptions at the AV.

I'll posts the result.

Thanks for your help!

GLWSchwarz
Level 3

Ein kleiner Hinweis am Rande: in der BE 2012 wurde für Exchange die Sicherung und das Aktualisieren der Kataloge für GRT-Infos getrennt, d.h. der Backuplauf wird beendet und dann erst beginnt die GRT-Analyse.

ABER: die BE2012 bitte jetzt nicht einfach drüberinstallieren, dafür wurde zuviel an Job/Medien/Geräte-Verwaltung geändert, vielleicht einfach mal in einer Testumgebung die neuen Möglichkeiten anschauen.

mfg

G. Schwarz

jab2k12
Level 3

Morning CraigV,

The Backup Job had worked with the same rate.(under 300MB/min)

But the Backup job for my DC went faster, from 625MB/min to 1300MB/min.

Shall i upgrade to BE2012?

CraigV

...upgrading doesn't mean you're going to get a massive jump in speed. So no, don't upgrade just yet.

Copy a couple of files (a collection of small files, and some large files afterwards) between the Exchange server & your backup server (and vice versa) and see what speeds you get.

You might also want to run a backup using the Windows backup utility locally on the Exchange server to see what sort of speeds you get...

Post back with the results.

jab2k12
Level 3

the result by copying a couple of files is, that i've got a rate up to 106MB/sec

ergo 6360MB/min.

The secound test i'll run this night.

jab2k12
Level 3

I've seen the eventlogs.

One thing i've seen

Everytime the Backup Exec ist running i get the Event

Error MSEXCHANGE CMDletLogs 6

Error Message like:

Fehler beim Cmdlet. Cmdlet Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus, Parameter {Identity=Public Folder Database 0530956703\*, Active=True}.

Fehler beim Cmdlet. Cmdlet Get-PublicFolderDatabase, Parameter {Identity=Mailbox Database 0685394637}.

Backup starts at 6am

for the mailbox the error occurred 6:01 am

for the public folder the error occurred 01:53pm

CraigV

...try rescheduling that job and see if you get the same error. Make it an hour or 2 earlier or later.

You can also try backing up Exchange via the Windows backup utility and seeing if you get the same sort of errors...

jab2k12
Level 3

I'll try it!

Thanks

jab2k12
Level 3

Hi CraigV,

i rescheduling the job and i got the same error with the same rate.

via Windows utility their were no errors

any ideas?

Shall i upgrade to BE2012?

Thanks

CraigV

...BEFORE you upgrade, download the trial version of BE 2012 and check it out. It is vastly different to any previous version.

Has the AV on the Exchange server been configured to exclude beremote.exe?

That error you're receiving looks like it is Exchange-related...better to bounce that off an MS forum.

Thanks!