cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single mails restore - not working, no errormessages - Backup Exec

Troublemaker
Level 2

Hello,

i try do restore some mails from my exchange-backup (Backup Exec 2010 / Exchange 2010), but without success.

The job finishes succesfully, but i have no recovered mails in my outlook. I got no errormessages.

In the restoremenu i choose exchange server -> microsoft information store -> database -> date of the snapshot-backup -< my mailbox

Here i can see  a lot of folders. I choose from "top of information store" my inbox.

What's wrong?

i hope, that somebody can help me.

Regards

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Troublemaker
Level 2

Problem is solved.

I tested the mailbox-restore with another user - ok.

I dicovered that the user i used before, had two mailboxes (one was disconnected on the exchange server).

It seems that backup exec restores the mails in the unused mailbox, so it was no bug in backup exec.

This thread can be closed....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Troublemaker
Level 2

Edit:

I got only a mail with the following information:

"Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers has restored one or more items to your mailbox.  After verifying that all requested items have been restored, you can delete this message. For more information, contact your system administrator and refer to the job history for job  Wiederherstellen xxxxx"

Is there a log,m where i can get more informations instead of the job history?

Regards

Martin

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not sure but I remember this as one of the past issues with BE 2010 which is resolved in recent hot fix.

So make sure you install SP1 of Backup Exec and all the hot fixes released after that (run Live updates again after installing SP1).

And update the remote agent on the remote Exchange server by pushing the remote agent again.

Then try the restore.

Do let us know if that works.

Troublemaker
Level 2

Thanks sush for replying,

SP1 is installed.

Live update found only one hotfix (354913) which i have installed.

Currently are installed:

SP1; Hotfix 138449, 141686, 354875, 354913 and 358409

I updated the remote agent on the exchange server, but without success.

Any other ideas?

Troublemaker
Level 2

Problem is solved.

I tested the mailbox-restore with another user - ok.

I dicovered that the user i used before, had two mailboxes (one was disconnected on the exchange server).

It seems that backup exec restores the mails in the unused mailbox, so it was no bug in backup exec.

This thread can be closed....