cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop assigning user in DLO

Kenneth_Shum
Level 4
Currently, I don't use automated user assignment. I add user in DLO manually.

I noticed that if that user login to several computers, then he will got several backups. However, this is not desirable because this occupies a lot of space in our sever.

How could I stop user assignment further after he is already assigned with a profile in DLO.
5 REPLIES 5

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the BE admin guide for more information:

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/279401.pdf

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Kenneth_Shum
Level 4
Would you please tell me where I can find this information in this manual! Because I was already read it through before posting this question.

Maybe you misunderstood my question. I assigned user manually but I can't assign computer to user. So everytime user login to a different computer, DLO will make another backup according to the profile set for him.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

If everytime user login to a different computer,a new backup is done as per the profile set for him !

This it is a windows feature which creates a user profile when he logs in into the machine.You can create a seperate profile for his machine and exclude it from the current profile in Backup Exec

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Kenneth_Shum
Level 4
Your answer in short is NO!

We cannot enforce full control on the software's functionality. This concerns me because there are many empty profiles (because users logged not his main computer), and DLO create large amount of warnings for these profiles not backed up for more than 7/14 day.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you getting any errors while using "automated user assignment"?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.