Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec Restore Problem

madzombie
Level 2

Hello,
I want to restore contact on Exchange.
We use symantec backup exec v13 system. But, we have a problem. 
BE didn't my new backup. so, I insert new backup on device with "Assicsate wsth media set".
Than I right click devices and click scan tab. 
it succesfull and i show IMG file.

After then right click the IMG file and click Catalog Media tab. But, i can't see mail box under the catalog.
so, right click the IMG file again and press "Inventory" tab. But, didn't change anything.

The problem as following screenshot.

I see exchange information store. But, i can't see mailbox under the snapshot.  

how can i resolve this problem ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madzombie
Level 2

ok. i re-install remote agent utility on exchange server. And resolve the problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is it Exchange GRT backup on tape?

Have you tried duplicating the backup to disk first?

If not, try duplicating it to a B2D folder and try restoring from there.

Regards.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi madzombie,

BE 2010 should allow you to do GRT restores from tape, as apparently it is much improved over previous versions.

The problem can occur when using AOFO (Advanced Open File Option) which isn't recommended in the Admin Guide. It causes a variety of issues...in my case (with 11d), it used to stop clearing logs and my Information Stores used to fall over as a result.

You can duplicate to disk manually (although when restoring, BE does this automatically...the default location is C:\Temp). Follow my article below which will take you through the necessary steps to do so:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

Thanks!

madzombie
Level 2

I re-install BE server and i see mailbox and user under the snapshots now.
But, i can't restore anything (Contacts or mail).

I get an error message ; 
Restore job fails while restoring a Mailbox -V-79-57344-33932 - 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. \\Server name\Microsoft Information Store\Storage group name.

I found the following page on google ; 
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH17737&actp=search&viewlocale=en_U...

but, did not help to me. I re-install BE server with domain and exchange admin user and runing service with same account. 

Thanks.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you used AOFO in your job, then you have to duplicate to disk first before attempting a restore.

And then change your job to not use AOFO...the agent takes care of the rest.

madzombie
Level 2

We don't use AOFO. AOFO disabled.

Thanks.

madzombie
Level 2

ok. i re-install remote agent utility on exchange server. And resolve the problem.