cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Restore

pascallemer89
Level 2
Have just used Symantec Backup Exec System Restore 6.5 (previously Symantec Livestate) to image a w2k3 sbs and restore it to dissimilar hardware using the restore anywhere feature.

The image was created with no problems. Then writing the image to the new hardware was no problem with a RAID driver on a floppy.

I then rebooted the server, got to the Windows Server splash screen and then it reboots itself. Now it's rebooting constantly in a loop, even in safe mode.

I verified the image was good before restoring to the new hardware.

Any ideas what's happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

may3troi
Level 3
We have gone to a 'Slip-Stream' process for loading OS (CD) and Applications (DVD) on all of our Workstations and laptops.
We load about 900-1,000 a year.

Complete load or re-load only takes about an hour.

We're only running about 30 servers and they are all built/re-built one at a time.

Lots of folks around these forums recommend Acronis, but I have no experience with it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

may3troi
Level 3
We have gone to a 'Slip-Stream' process for loading OS (CD) and Applications (DVD) on all of our Workstations and laptops.
We load about 900-1,000 a year.

Complete load or re-load only takes about an hour.

We're only running about 30 servers and they are all built/re-built one at a time.

Lots of folks around these forums recommend Acronis, but I have no experience with it.