cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tandberg StorageLoader not recognised by BE10 (5520)

tim_nice_but_di
Level 2
I have a Tandberg StorageLoader LTO2 1U changer that is apparently supported by the latest drivers (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278408.htm) for BE 10 build 5520.

I have reinstalled win2k3 and the latest BE build and drivers but to no avail.

I think the problem is down the inquiry string that the changer passes to BEs device detection, like so:

The ADAMM log shows the device as this:
TANDBERGAT1280-1R VS160 0160

But the closest entry to that in the VSDLoadTable is:
TANDBERGAT1280-1R VS160

According to this (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255501.htm) page the inquiry string must exactly match the VSDLoadTable entry.

Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Firstly I request you to verify if the drive Tandberg is well detected by Windows. If its not detected then Backup Exec will not be able to detect it.

Secondly, what are the SCSI Ids set for the drive ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

tim_nice_but_di
Level 2
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

The drive is correctly detected by BE. Veritas drivers are installed and working for the drive.

The loader that contains the drive is detected by Windows (2K3 Std. w/SP1) as an "Unknown medium changer". I have not installed the Tandberg driver as I expected the Veritas driver set to install a driver.

The SCSI ID of the loader is set to 2 and the drive is set to 3.

Thanks for your help!

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you getting event id's 7,9,11 or 15?
Are you egtting any errors in the application event log?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

tim_nice_but_di
Level 2
Hi,

This has turned out to be a hardware issue.

We are using a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe m/b that has two 4-port SATA controllers on-board. One is configured RAID1 (system volume), and the other RAID0 (data volume). Both controllers utilise a boot ROM for boot-time configuration. When both SATA controllers are enabled the Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller (with boot ROM) that our loader is connected to *does not* load! If either one is disabled the boot ROM *does* load! I tested the loader in BE with the SCSI ROM enabled and everything works perfectly.

So, the question now is why the SCSI boot ROM is not called when 2 SATA controller boot ROMs are enabled? Is it a motherboard limitation (only 2 external ROMs allowed)? Or some low-level conflict?

I really need all 3 to work so any further help will be very appreciated!
--
Tim