cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Duplication Job, insufficient disk space

dave_F1
Level 3

Hi,

i have the problem that one duplication job sometimes fails, 1-2 times a week.

It's the duplication of an incremental backup of my Active Directory Server. Full Backup is fine.

Error Message is:

(Job: "ADSERVER JOB") ADS01.-- The job failed with the following error: Insufficient disk space.

Disk space can't be the problem. There is enough on the media server and the AD Server.

I'm running BE2012 (newest patch level, Windows Server 2008R2)

Thanks in advance,

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the duplicate set to run immediately post the incremental or is set on a schedule ?

Secondly, do ensure the option "to preallocate disk space..." isn't enabled for the disk storage properties.

Lastly, are you duplicating from disk to tape or vice-versa ?

dave_F1
Level 3

Hello, sorry for the delay.

Yes it's set to run immediatily after Backup to Disk.

The option for preallocate has to be configured on the backup repository? I don't see this option on the deduplication disk storage the job is using. May that be the problem?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The "preallocate disk space..." setting is available for standard disk storages and not for a DeDupe storage.

Do you receive this error ONLY during the incremental duplicate of an AD server from tape to dedupe ? Do other duplicates of this server and other servers complete successfully ?

If yes, try recreating the duplicate stages and check if this error reoccurs or not.

Also, how much free space is present in the dedupe folder ?

dave_F1
Level 3

Ok, i configured the job for a Volume without dedup now.

Yes i receive this error only for this job, only the duplicate of the incremental. Every 3rd or 4th time it throws this error, the rest is successful.

The Backup runs to Dedup -> to tape.

Ok, i'll try that.

I got 1 TB left on the folder.