cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Printer

Janis_Vanderpoo
Level 3
I have recently upgraded two separate W2003 servers from BE v9.1 to v10. I have several printers installed on both servers, but I do not have any target printers available within the BE application on either server. On the file menu, the printer option is grayed out. On the alert notification setup, there are no target printers in the drop down box. I have stopped\restarted the services several times, I have installed a new printer, and I have rebooted multiple times. I need to get this issue resolved before I proceed to upgrade my two remaining servers. Please advise.
2 REPLIES 2

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Have seen this before with a couple of customers who have upgraded from 9.1 to 10.

What is happening is that 1 dll - signoteprint100.dll - is not being upgraded for some reason.

A few ways you can go here:-
1. install BE 10 fresh onto a workstation of test server - then copy signotprint100.dll from it to your production servers - then restart the BE services.
2. Manually extract the signoteprint100.dll from the data.cab file in the installation source.
3. Stop the BE services - rename the current signoteprint100.dll - then run a repair of the BE 10 installation.

Whichever way you go, you need a signoteprint100.dll which is 125KB in size.

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
solution provided is correct:

SIGPRINTNOTE100.DLL is not getting updated during upgrade from v9.x to v10.0. This file can be copied from other systems running BE v10.0. Rename existing file, replace with new one and restart the BE services.
Print notification should work after this step.