cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The directory or file cannot be found - (Unable to create selection list)

wilhess
Not applicable

Hello all,

This is my first time here.

I have BackupExec 10.0 build 5520. Recently I lost one of my servers. I have since replaced that server with another one but with a different name. I need some files that were backed up onto a tape drive using backupexec on the old server.

I am able to catalog the tape and I am able to see the required files. But when I try to restore the file I get an Unable to create selection error.

I read around and I found that its probably because its trying to access the old server. I also run a resource credentials on the file to restore and I get an error that the directory or the file cannot be found.

How do I get backupExec to stop looking for the server, because that server is not available anymore. OR how do i get the restore to run. These files are very crucial and I need to get them.

Please Help.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

When creating the Restore, specify re-direction

See the Admin Guide page 487

DB_Sym
Level 3

Hi Wil,

Getting the "The directory or file could not be found" at the resource cred test is normal as u dont have that old server and u can neglect that message.

To get rid of the "Unable to create selection" error see that u try to select the whole folder rather than multiple files.

As when the number of files increase in the selection it may probably conflict with the max selections possible parameters.

So selecting a folder will just give u one entry in the selection ( u can verify by going to view selection details )

After the selection is set u will have to set a file redirection to some other folder either local or remote.

Hope that helps your situation.

Regards,

DB_Sym