cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The resource could not be backed up because an error

Hannes_Gattring
Level 2
I have a strange problem backing up databases with VERITAS Agent for Oracle Databases:

When creating a backup job, the oracle_agent is available under "remote agents" both databases are shown and i can browse and select the tablespaces.
I also tested the connections when i was asked to during the creation process and the connection succeeded

But when i start a backup job i always recieve the "The resource could not be backed up because an error e000846b "

I'm using Backup Exec for Windows Server 10.0 on Windows 2000 Server, the Oracle Databases (8.1.7) are on the same machine, the oracle agent is up and running

any ideas ??
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Ensure that Remote Agent as well as the Oracle Agent are running under Local System Account.
Oracle Agents are seen as remote selections itself.

Verify this configuration and revert with results. If the issue persists, please elaborate on the environment.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Hannes_Gattring
Level 2
Hello,

i wasn't able to check sooner, sorry
both agents are running under "local system"

regards hannes

Hannes_Gattring
Level 2
i wasn't able to check sooner

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Open up Oracle Configurator, make sure the password for that username is blank.
Them restart Backup Exec and Oracle services.
Then try backing up Oracle DB again. If prompted for a password just leave it blank.

And verify the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked
assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.