cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Backup Exec to new server

BSimonis
Level 3
I hope someone can help me.

Yesterday, I moved the Backup Exec installation to a new server and now the nightly backups that were suppose to run did not. I can't figure out why.

The specs:

Server OS: Windows Server 2003
Backup Exec ver 12.5

Moved the db according to Symantec documentation entitled "How to move Backup Exec for Windows Servers from one system to another with the same or different name" document#319367

In my case case the server names are different but within the same domain.Everything appears to be correct, Obviously I am forgetting something. No errors that job failed to run or in otherwise fail to execute.

One thin I did notice was that under the device folder. There is a REMOVEABLE BACKUP-TO-DISK FOLDERS that has media labeled FLDR000019. This I believe is the current media. Do I need reassociate this with a my predefined media set?
7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

What sort of error are you getting, and do you have any prompts in your Job Monitor window that need to be checked out?
Have you made sure your Remote Agents are publishing to this new server name?

Laters!

BSimonis
Level 3
no errors on the new server. The job just doesn't run. Maybe the problem is the publishing remote agents. Do I need to repush them from the new server or is there some quicker method?

BSimonis
Level 3
Changed the publishing to the new server, but it still didn't run last night. I must have forgotten something. any other ideas?

CraigV
Run a database check through Beutility.exe.

BSimonis
Level 3
I launched the utility, not sure what to run.

I did run "Check database consistency" but it did not find any wrong. I did notice that under daoily and weekly media sets the icon has a folder with a small red dot and a "x" inside. Could that mean offline media or corrupt media? Do I need to reassociate this?

CraigV
It would mean that media is protected.
You wouldn;t need to associate it with anything. What you MIGHT want to  look at though is your retention times. If that isn't set up correctly, you wouldn't overwrite any media.
Run the DB repair and see what it does.

CraigV
Come right here?