cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to install BackupExec 10 Service Pack 1

Eric_Sabo_2
Level 5
I am trying to install BackupExec Service Pack 1 on a windows 2003 Service Pack 1 machine, it goes through the installation process and errors out. Is there any logs I can view to see what is happening or why this patch will not install on this server?
6 REPLIES 6

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please see the file bkupinst.log located in c:\windows
Check for return value 3 or error.
Please paste this part of bkupinst.log which will help us troubleshoot the issue.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thanks,

Eric_Sabo_2
Level 5
Here is the answer - you have to go to "Serial Number and installation" - Run through this wizard. After you do this you are able to install the SP1 and the security patch. The tech person said there is no article for this issue. There should be, installing patches shouldn't be this difficult.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

There is an ambiguity in your response.

We would like to know whether your problem is resolved?
If not then please clarify.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thanks,

Eric_Sabo_2
Level 5
My question has been resolved through Veritas Support Service. I posted my solution to the forum so that others will be helped that are having the same problem as me.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update this thread will be archived.

Additional Information :

Thanks,

Alan_Wilson
Not applicable
Thanks, Eric

That worked for me too.

I just went into the Serial Numbers and Installation option then cancelled out again.

Strange but true..