cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restore exchange 2007 mailbox with versoin 12.5

ahurley
Level 3
Hi all,

I'm trying to restore a users folder in there mailbox, however when doing the restore the job gets to about 26MB of the staging process then returns the following error

Final error: 0xe00002fe - Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials. Review the resource credentials for the job, and then run the job again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

However the account used is the same as the one I use for the exchange backup and I have no problems. Any suggestions??

Many Thanks
Anthony
16 REPLIES 16

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Check the account that you are using to restore the data. It should have below five rights

1>should be domain admin
2>should have active mailbox
3>unhidden from GAL
4>should have exchange organization rights
5>should be unique<first five character of that account shuold be unique>

Also as it is exchange 2007 make sure you have the exchange management tools installed on BE server and api colloboration tool for mapi installed on Exchange server.

ahurley
Level 3
Sazz,

I believe the account has the right access and exchange tools and MAPI tool is installed on server. But I will double check tomorrow. However so far I have tried the following to reinstalled the mail box

1) I ran a restore for which the stageing process almosts completes , but i kept getting a resource error despite plenty of free hard disk space and RAM
2) I was told to remove my  license key and re-enter it. When trying to do that, I kept getting a SQL installation error. Therefore I had to totally reinstall BE.
3) Once the reinstall was complete and all patches applied, this is were I get the MAPI error message at the beginning of the staging process. Therefore it seems I have gone backwards.

Any ideas?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
The best way to proceed with the restore is to duplicate the backup job to a backup to disk location ..
so you would not need to state the information every time you run the backup job
In the job set up menu--on the right had side select the option to duplicate backup set and select the option to duplicate the exisiting backup set
Once the job is duplicated to disk try running the restore and let us know what error you get ..

ahurley
Level 3
I have duplicated the backup job to a hard disk so I now see a image in my selection list. However when i go to expand the Mailbox Database to select the users folder, BackupExec just now hangs.

sksujeet
Level 6
When you expand it creates the catalog information and some times takes time so please wait for some time. Also if it still doesn't work then try to inventory and catalog the B2D media and IMG file that you have in B2D folder.

Micah_H
Level 3

Just to make sure that you are fully up-to-date, aside of making sure that you have the latest version of the CDo package as well as the Exchange System manager updates installed, would be to make sure that you have all of the latest Backup Exec updates and remember that when running liveupdate you still need to either reinstall the Remote Agent or push the updates out to the Exchange server.  Hope that helps a little.

ahurley
Level 3

Thanks for everyone's replys, your help is much appricated. I think I'm fully up to date with the software where but I will re-check.
However when expanding the image I get the following message now

Thanks
Anthony

Micah_H
Level 3

Take a look at this article.  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311965.htm

It appears that your backup job might be conflicting with the Exchange Store Maintenance.

ahurley
Level 3
Micah,

The article only seems to apply to the backup of the exchange server. I'm trying to restore a mail box.
I a previous thread where I was getting touble I was told to reinstall the license keys. Before doing this the staging process would fail after 99% complete. Since I did the reinstall  the statging process fails straight away.

This is the orginal thread.
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/exchange-2007-mailbox-restore-error

Micah_H
Level 3
Well this is getting interesting.  You are receiving several errors that may or may not be related.  Going back to your initial post, have you taken a look at this article?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/306830.htm

sksujeet
Level 6
I am suspecting something wrong on the disk where B2D folder is going. You always had issue while staging and now when you duplicated it gives that error message. What kind of B2D disk is it, is it local or removable disk. Can you please try to duplicate the data on some other removable hard disk or other drive.

mr_sarge
Level 2
I have exactly the same problem as Anthony. I'm in contact with tecnical support, but no solution yet.
We use Backup Exec 2010 with latest updates, backup (GRT-Enabled) of Exchange 2007 SP1 works fine with backup-to-disc-to-tape.
E-mail restore from backup-to-disc works also fine, only RESTORE-FROM-TAPE fails with error 0xe00002fe.

If I receive a solution from tecnical support, I'll post it here.

best regards,

Sarge

ahurley
Level 3
Sazz,

I've tried using a removable hard drive for B2D, however I still get the VFF Open Failure error when trying to navigate to the backup setup. I'm wondering if it might be worth reinstalling on a fresh copy of windows to eliminate the computer itself/

ahurley
Level 3
I would like to thank everyone for your input into this problem. However I gave up in the end and recovered the folder be restoring the whole database to the RSG and then merge the mailbox.

I am now going to install a freah copy of BackupEXEC to a new computer to see if it makes any differene. If it does I will post it here.

filmo
Level 3

filmo
Level 3
I have been experiencing this same issue with performing a restore from tape into either an RSG or user's mailbox. I've since worked around it by dpulicating to a B2D folder and restoring from there. It consumes more time but at least I can get the data I need.

HTH

Mike