cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Backup Exec 12.5 to 2010 R3

GFITech
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have a server 2003 sp2 standard wich had backup exec 12 installed.  I upgrade to 12.5 with no hiccups.  I then proceded to upgrade to 2010 R3.  This where the issue begins. It first failed installing SQL.  I followed some instructions where I had to change the logon info  to local system account for the BACKUPSQL service. Reran the upgrade which seemed to go through successfully.  Then at finish it was checked to the Live update which failed.  I rebooted the server anyway. Big mistake! 

Once the server rebooted I received an error stating beserver.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000." The memory could not be "read."

Tried stoping all services and restating all service to no avail.

Ps: The licencing installed is for SBS version of Backup Exec

Ay help is appricaited.

regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

I'd actually start by repairing your installation first using Add/Remove Programs. This will at least fix any issues with the application that might have been corrupted.

Once done, then start with LiveUpdate again.

Cheers,

Craig

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Start with rerun the setup of Backup Exec and run a repair installation.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

I'd actually start by repairing your installation first using Add/Remove Programs. This will at least fix any issues with the application that might have been corrupted.

Once done, then start with LiveUpdate again.

Cheers,

Craig