cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 10d to 12

ChrisWC
Level 3

We have a Windows 2003 server, currently running backupexec 10d.  In upgrading to version 12, what are your recommendations for precautions?  I have already created a backup of the catalogs and databases.  Are there any other "gotchas" that we should be aware of prior to the upgrade?

Thanks,

Chris 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

Backup Exec 10d (10.1) can be upgraded to 12.5.

It's 10.0 and previous which can't be upgraded directly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Deiru
Level 3

Hi Chris,

Actually to upgrade your BUE 10d to 12.5, you have to uninstall the 10d because you cannot install the version 12.5 on top of 10d. You may do that since you already made a backup of the catalogs and databases. Make sure also that the files ar already backed up to prevent data loss since you are going to uninstall the version 10d into your system.

Regards,

Deiru

GECC

ChrisWC
Level 3
Actually, we were looking at 12.0.  We aren't that 'bleeding edge' to go to 12.5 in it's infancy.  Would we be able to do an upgrade from 10d to 12.0 without uninstalling the application?

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

Backup Exec 10d (10.1) can be upgraded to 12.5.

It's 10.0 and previous which can't be upgraded directly.

ChrisWC
Level 3
That is exactly what I needed to hear.  I would assume that since we can upgrade to 12.5, then we should also be able to upgrade to the previous release of 12.0 with relatively little trouble.  Thanks for your help Hywel, I appreciate it.