cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-139-32772-3617 - DLO Desktop Agent -Failed to load configuration settings

Glenda_Pearson
Level 3
Can anyone help with this please? It occurs on some Laptops running Windows XP SP2, but not others.
regards
G:)
22 REPLIES 22

Glenda_Pearson
Level 3
I have received no response to this error and the matter is urgent. We are pushing out 120 new laptops at the moment and we are getting this error on the SOEs.
We have a support contract with Symantec, but are not receiving any support!!!!!
G

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
is it local permissions? an administration account is needed to install?

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Hard drive space low?

Glenda_Pearson
Level 3
Thanks for these responses, but alas neither is the problem. The agent installs successfully on each machine (using Admin privs) but when you try to run the DLO agent, the above error comes up and refers you to Symantec website. However, there is no entry for that particular error at Symantec. On looking at the registry settings on affected machines, only half the normal entries are there..missing are ones like the cache entries etc.
Adding them in manually does not help either.
regards

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Does the windows event viewer give anything away?

Glenda_Pearson
Level 3
Absolutely no events in the logs for DLO:( Also, I am both an domain admin and naturally an admin on my own PCs, but I get the same error on one of my laptops, but not on another.
regards

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Where in heavens name did you get such a stupid surname

Glenda_Pearson
Level 3
LOL!! I married it, dammit!! What's your excuse?

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Inherited from my father

Glenda_Pearson
Level 3
Well..I guess you have more excuse than me, then, Cuz:)

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Well apart from having a good laugh I am running out of ideas, might try a windows update on the offending machines, checking the firewall settings (or turning it off), checking anti virus, maybe checking all files on one machine but only selected extensions on the other.

Glenda_Pearson
Level 3
I am out of ideas too..all PCs are kept up to date with latest Windows updates (via WSUS). All PCs have Windows firewall disabled when they are connected internally to the network (via group policy)and all have the same programs installed etc. However, of the PCs having problems so far, they have the full SOE, which means they have 3 extra programs installed. I am wondering if this is the cause, though I cannot see why, as a similar SOE was used for our old PCs when we were running DLO 9.1. I just hope that someone at Symantec can help.
I appreciate all the help you have given me so far:)
regards

Rob_Anderson
Level 3
Have you had any luck yet with this issue? I too am experiencing the same thing. The agent seems to work fine on Windows 2000 clients but produces the same error message when installed on any WinXP machine. I've tried everything and if I can't get an answer here I'll brave the hours of wait time for Symantec's telephone support.

Thanks,

Rob A.

Glenda_Pearson
Level 3
Unfortunately no:(( I was hoping one of the Symantec staff members would answer it..it is obviously an identified problem as it has its own id number, as per above.
regards

Rob_Anderson
Level 3
Ok, so I have tried calling Symantec with regards to this issue, but unfortunately I don't exactly have the luxury of sitting idle at my desk for hours at a time on hold. That getting me nowhere I tried emailing tech support.

Their generic canned response was to inform me that this is not an installation issue and is therefore not applicable for email support, but suggested that my issue could be handled in the BE forums.

Seems pretty evident that this issue has not been handled by the forums. I will however bump this thread back up to the top (being that it's already MONTHS old) in  hopes that one of the good people at Symantec would kindly address the issue and provide some kind of insight into this error.

Rob_Anderson
Level 3
I've been watching this one for months hoping someone from Symantec would post, but now I cannot be patient any longer. I have to fix the problem. With email and phone support being so futile I'm going to keep posting this one up to the top until someone from Symantec finally cares to share what THEIR ERROR MESSAGE actually means.

Rob_Anderson
Level 3
None of the Symantec folks can be of any assistance in identifying a cause of this error message?

Rob_Anderson
Level 3
V-139-32772-3617
It has its own Event ID.

There's even a "for additional information regarding this error, click here" link within the error message.
Sadly it's a broken link.

Rob_Anderson
Level 3
So... how long can Symantec ignore this thread..