cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-33861 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media

Brian_Hammer_2
Level 5
I appear to be having the same problem discussed here
I am trying to restore some files and seem to get this error no matter what I use.  I am restore from a backup to disk folder to another drive on the server.
I run the restore and the status infinitely alternates between "loading media" and "queued"  When I cancel it I get the following error:
Drive and media mount requested: 7/1/2010 4:23:40 PM V-79-57344-33861 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media The media operation was terminated by the user.

Anyone got an idea what is wrong here?  It seems to be acting like it can't access the B2D file. The file is available and online so there's no reason I can think of why it can't access it.

Well as I type this I rebooted the server and now it working.  God I love this buggy program that randomly decides not to work until you reboot.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Brian

Try the following steps

Perform an inventory of the B2D folder, also restart all the BE services.

Click on Tools | Options | select Catalog, On the right-hand pane remove the check mark for "Use storage media-based catalogs."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Hi Brian

Try the following steps

Perform an inventory of the B2D folder, also restart all the BE services.

Click on Tools | Options | select Catalog, On the right-hand pane remove the check mark for "Use storage media-based catalogs."

Brian_Hammer_2
Level 5

"Click on Tools | Options | select Catalog, On the right-hand pane remove the check mark for "Use storage media-based catalogs.""

What does this do? and why would I change this setting?

Thanks.  I thought about performing an inventory after I rebooted.  I've had different media mount errors in the past that were corrected by performing an inventory.  I checked that all the BE services were running, but I didn't think restarting them would do anything.  I've never heard of them being running and then working after restarting them.  In hindsight that does make sense to try. 

AmolB
If there are corrupt catalog files in the catalogs folder then you will get an error message while restoring data.

When you uncheck "Use storage media based catalogs" then the restore job will not refer to old catalogs.