cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied. (HELP)

JohnnyKluts
Not applicable

First off I apologize if this is in the wrong thread. I was not sure where to place this so I posted it here.

Below is the error.

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\LAWPP-EXCH1\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to database Log files.

Backup- \\LAWPP-EXCH1\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to database Log files.

Exceptions
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\LAWPP-EXCH1\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
WARNING: "\\LAWPP-EXCH1\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Log files" is a corrupt file...
This file cannot verify.

Backup- \\LAWPP-EXCH1\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group
WARNING: "\\LAWPP-EXCH1\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group\Log files" is a corrupt fil...
This file cannot verify.

Verify- \\LAWPP-EXCH1\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
WARNING: "Log files" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Verify- \\LAWPP-EXCH1\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group
WARNING: "Log files" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

I have read many of the "access denied" postings but am still getting this message when trying to select the First and Second Storage Groups in the Mircosoft Information Store for backup. However the credientials test works fine. We have BE version 12 installed on a Windows Server 2003 which is a domain controller as well as running Exchange 2007 SP1. I am using a new user account "BackupExch" which I have at various times made a member of different groups trying to find the right permissions. In exhange I have made"BackupExch" an "Exchange Server Administrator" . On the Server I also went to Administrative Tools -> Domain Controller Security Policy. Under Local Polices I chose User Rights Assignment. I added the BackupExch account to both "Allow log on locally" and "Log on as a service". I have brought up BackupExch account in Outlook and received an email successfully in that account. This account is not hidden from Exchange address lists. I have Stop/Start Backup Exec services, re-typed the password for BackupExch account both in Backup Exec and Active Directory, and changed "BackupExch" to fully qualified name "Domain\BackupExch" in Backup Exec login accounts. None of this gives us access to back up these two resources in Exchange.

I'm at a total loss here, can anyone help me out?

0 REPLIES 0