Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65233 Information Store on same Data Partition with VSS

fabiuske
Level 4

Good morning all :)

Again a little issue and question.

I receive the mentioned error V-79-573.... . Ok. As suggested, i added under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\VSS\VSSAccessControl the Account sbsadmin (We have customers wich are using SmallBusiness Server 2011 with Ex 2010 SP2) wich is the administrator (Dom) .

The command vssadmin list shadows brings me the snapshots. Ok, now, the server has two partitions C:\ System D:\ Data and Exchange Databases. Also on the D:\ Partition, my friend activated the VSS copies for the Data Folder where DOC, XLS etc. are . So, i think it would be better to separate the Exchange DB's to another "separate" Partition right?

But i have a lot of instalallations of BEX2010R2-R3 wich are the same as the mentioned installation. The only thing that changes is , that i use BEX2012 . And yeah, it seems, that we have more troubles with BEX2012 as BEX2010R3..

Which option do i have, if i can't create a new Partition? Or better, what are your experiences?

Thanks a lot for an advice...

Grettings :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

fabiuske
Level 4

Well, i solved the issue by adding the sbsadmin and not the user which was created during the setup of the backup exec 2012.

So, i have also checked which userrigts the user must have and added them to the user (kb of symantec).

I hope Symantec will make the needed modifications without our or users interactivity. ;)

Cherrs

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

fabiuske
Level 4

i forgot something. The vssadmin list shadows brings me the programmed snapshots which will be made 07:00  and 12:00 houre..

Is it an issue to put these two things (Ex DB and DATA with VSS Snappis) on one partition?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...this would be the TN you referenced:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH179220

You can try moving the AOFO store to see if this helps:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH32425

Otherwise having to reinstall Exchange is going to be a serious pain. I've never seen an issue with the Exchange IS and AOFO store being on the same drive, but we're not running BE 2012 yet. BE 2010 R3 never seemed to have this issue.

fabiuske
Level 4

Hi CraigV

Thanks for the fast answer. Well, i give it a try.. At this Moment i'm not shure if its ok to already migrate our customer. I think the BEX2012 is a nice product, but it takes a little while to be ready whithout issues.. :(

Otherwise having to reinstall Exchange is going to be a serious pain. I've never seen an issue with the Exchange IS and AOFO store being on the same drive, but we're not running BE 2012 yet. BE 2010 R3 never seemed to have this issue.

Yeps.. ;)

Greetings

PS: I will take a look at the links...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...rather wait until BE 2012 R2 is officially released, and in the meantime, why not check the forum for the link? It will be worth your while.

fabiuske
Level 4

Hi,

Already done. The VSSWriter was the Problem. A little fix like > information store service reboot < solved the issue..

Thanks again!

Greetings fabiuske

fabiuske
Level 4

Hi again me

I think we have the problem, that also after a reboot the issue still persists. Hmm, do you think, that changing the Exchange Agent to backup with another vss would help?

Because we have this problem since two weeks and i think we are turning around without a solution...

Greetings

Fabiuske

PS: We try to make a backup with changed exchange settings..

fabiuske
Level 4

Well, i solved the issue by adding the sbsadmin and not the user which was created during the setup of the backup exec 2012.

So, i have also checked which userrigts the user must have and added them to the user (kb of symantec).

I hope Symantec will make the needed modifications without our or users interactivity. ;)

Cherrs