cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I download the trial version, 1 file is corrupt.

Level 3
Hey all,

I am trying to download Backup exec for Win Servers off of this site but everytime I download it and I go to extract it, I get an error saying a file or something is corrupt. How do I get around this? I really would like to try the program and see if it would work with my current network setup but I can't even extract it. I am just hoping somebody can help me out here.

Thanks
18 REPLIES 18

Aalok_Pathak_2
Level 6
What exact error do you get?

Following article may help you :

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308090

First download setup to local system, then try to perform installation.

Level 3
I will re-download it now. I was using Winzip on a Server 2000 machine and using the built in zip utlity in Server 2003 and none of them were able to extract all the files

I am download the Q173888.BEWS10.0.5484.6.ESD.zip from the http://download2.veritas.com server. When I finish downloading and try to extract I will post the error message.

Thanks

Level 3
1 more thing. I am using Firefox so my issue isn't that it's not saving to the hard drive. It's saving fine, I think. I will double check the size when I am finished downloading it.

Thanks

Level 3
Ok I downloaded it again and tried to unzip it with WInzip. I get the error

"Error: invaild compressed data to inflate"

In the logfile I get this

"Extracting Data.Cab
Error: invalid compressed data to inflate

Interrupted"

When I tried to extract it with WinRAR I get

"! C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\Veritas.zip: CRC failed in WINNT\INSTALL\BE\Data.Cab. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\Veritas.zip: The archive is corrupt"

The file is 522 MB's so I don't think it was a problem with downloading.

Hopefully you can help me out.

Thanks again!

Level 3
Any help?

Thanks

Level 3
Anybody?

:(

Level 3
I am very sad to see the lack of support on this forum. Yes I know there might be alot of stuff to help people with but this is just pathetic.

Well Thats life!

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

To isolate the cause of the issue,we suggest you to download the Backup exec installable file on a different system and then check the result.

It may be an environmental issue.

Refer the following Link for download,
http://www.veritas.com/softwaredownload

Revert back if the issue persists.

Level 3
Thanks for some help. I have been waiting for a while.

I tried it on 3 differant computer and 3 differant OS's I tried on XP, 2003 server and 2000 pro and i got the same error with every single OS.

I usually download once every 2 days to see if it works but nothing.

I don't know what else to do/try.

Level 3
Nevermind, I have found another solution that works!

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

We apologize for the delayed response. We appreciate your patience and your efforts in order to download and use our product. As per your post it seems that you have resolved the issue. If the issue has been resolved by the solution found by you, we would suggest you to post the solution.

If the solution has not worked, then we suggest you to contact our sales division.

Please contact Veritas Sales Representative for details on upgrade, pricing, licensing and purchasing. You may locate nearest Veritas Sales office from the following URL:
http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

We hope this will help.

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Hello

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards,
Gaurav

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply.

Level 3
The trial download was bad. Nothing was done in two weeks so I had to try a program from another company. It wasn't suppost to work this way but it did.

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
We would suggest you please refer the technote link 274253 and also the URL :- http://www.veritas.com/softwaredownload and try downloading Backup Exec v10.0 on another test server and verify the result.
----------------------------------------------------------------
As an additional reference:-
Internet Explorer users have an ability to enjoy the additional feature, Download Manager. Download Manager provides the users with features such as start-stop, tracking download status and downloading of multiple files.
If you do not wish to use Download Manager, please select "No" when the dialog box appears and deny installation of Download Manager on your system.
In order for the Internet Explorer users to take advantage of Download Manager feature, there are few important browser security setup considerations:
Tools->Internet Options->security tab, under "Custom Level"
1. ActiveX controls and Plug-ins Section:
Download Signed ActiveX controls must be "Enable" or "Prompt"
Run ActiveX controls and Plugins: Enable or Prompt Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting: Enable or Prompt 2. Downloads File Download: Enable 3. Scripting:
Enable Active Scripting: Enable
Tools->Internet Options-> Privacy
Privacy setting cannot be "High" or "Block all Cookies"
If the Internet Explorer is not setup properly, it will result in the browser displaying either error message or blank page. In some situation, your network will not allow you to modify any Security and Privacy setting. Please contact your System Administrator for additional information.
In order to remove the installed Download Manager, delete the file named: Download Manager Control.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Once you sign on to Veritas website at http://www.veritas.com/softwaredownload , please make sure you come across a page where you have a "download tab" on the right hand side top corner of the web-page. Once you click on download now, another page would consists of terms and conditions where in you will have to click the box "I agree". Once you click on I agree, you will be forward to another page which mentions "Software Download". Its here you can choose Veritas Backup Exec v10.0 and download the same.

We hope this helps. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

Not applicable
Same problem here as well.

I have downloaded the install file (multiple times) and get the following error in WinZip.

Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.
If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update. Archiving case as your issue is resolved.

Thanks.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Found an alternative solution so closing case.