cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Errors

Doug_Reid
Level 3
Has anyone else come across XML errors when trying to view the logs for Failed jobs since upgrading to 11D? When we double-click on a failed job, it takes ages to do anything, then it gives us an "Illegal XML Character" error and shows a blank page - the net result of this is the xml file that is generated is around 300Mb, rather than being 1Mb.

We've tried repairing the MSXML installation, but that has made no difference - after 2 hours on the phone to Symantec support with no new ideas, we're at our wits' end - any ideas anyone?
10 REPLIES 10

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you referred the following technote?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254079

Regards,

Eric_Sabo_2
Level 5
That technote refers to 10, this is an 11d moderated forum.

Are there any technotes for 11D, I am having some many problems after upgrading. Is there an easy way to search the KB per version?

Doug_Reid
Level 3
We have called Symantec support several times about this, and have gotten nowhere - have tried all the fixes about MSXML, etc. but still having no joy - now going back to version 10d until Symantec can prove to us that version 11d is stable - who was doing the bug testing for this version and how did they manage to miss so many errors?!

Eric_Sabo_2
Level 5
Doug,

I heard you and no one from symantec is listening to us as customers. Did 10 upgrades and ran into problems on every single one. the KB site does really have anything on 11 as of now. My domain controllers are getting an out of memory on them - had to open a PSS via microsoft for this - me as the customer has to pay to figure out why their product does not work.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

Please run a repair of the software:

Repairing Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

===========

gerg_tunley
Level 2
I was having this issue too and came across this post. I tried what was suggested (article 254079 and running a repair) to no avail. I ended up uninstalling, deleting the leftover veritas folder and reinstalling. This has fixed my issue.

Doug_Reid
Level 3
It's amazing - we uninstalled 11d, completely rebuilt our backup server and reinstalled 10d - not a single error in the backups since! Needless to say we won't be trying to upgrade to 11d any time soon.

Michael_Landis
Level 2
Will there be a patch that will fix Backup Exec servers that upgraded to 11d? It will be extremely time consuming to uninstall and reinstall the software for numerous clients.

Please let me know,
Thanks

Carey_Labelle
Level 2
We've been having this exact issue since last year as well with no resolve. Spent hours on the phone with Symnatec as well.

Has there been any progress with this?

Glyn_Raymond_th
Level 3
Same issue here, repair didn't work either.  Looks like were going to down grade to 10d as we've had nothing bad hassle with 11d.  Legacy brick level backups only do 20% of mailboxs as backup exec cannot see the mailboxs.  Grt dosen't work for the same reason.  CPS hogged all the cpu.  Moving to 11d from 10d was a backwards step.

I'd urge everyone to check and double check that they are backing up ALL mailboxs of their exchange svr.  We weren't for a few days and found out the hard way.

I can't believe we were about to pay money for this software.