cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup computer over wan/lan

jermstur
Level 3

I've search and wasn't able to find answer to this specific question....

I have a backup server in location A, and would like to backup a Laptop in location B to a desktop in location B.

the backup works howerver it went snail slow at 2.00 MB/min.

I was hoping that the agent would handel the backup and stay on the LAN, but it apears it is taking the data over the WAN and back to the desktop.

is there any chance or way of speeding this up, maybe tweaking the agent, or a setting in Backup Exec?

thank you for your help.

Jeremy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
No. Data a always flow from the source to the media server then to the destination. What you are experiencing is correct and there is no way to change things

View solution in original post

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...your best bet honestly is to put down a small server/workstation with a Server-based OS, and use something like Symantec DLO to backup the laptop.

Or use something like Dropbox, Google Drive etc. However this doesn't give you rollbacks like Backup Exec/DLO can.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
No. Data a always flow from the source to the media server then to the destination. What you are experiencing is correct and there is no way to change things

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...your best bet honestly is to put down a small server/workstation with a Server-based OS, and use something like Symantec DLO to backup the laptop.

Or use something like Dropbox, Google Drive etc. However this doesn't give you rollbacks like Backup Exec/DLO can.

Thanks!