cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec problem

panos83
Level 3

Hello!I have a problem with backup exec 11d in sbs 2003 and i want help.Whenever try to start manually backup exec server service stops with an event id 1000 application error(faulting application beserver.exe,faulting module beserver.exe,version 11.0.7170.0,fault address 0x0011350f) and an event id 7034 in service control manager(the backup exec server service terminated unexpectedly,it has done this #times).I unistall backup exec and install again but some error.What can i try next?Maybe is there a hotfix for that?

11 REPLIES 11

nkapoor
Level 3

Hi there:

Try clearing the selection of the folder on <sd>\Windows\system32\Wbem from the backup selections in the backup job.

A screenshot

and if the backup completes without the Reemote Agent service stopping after clearing the selection of this folder, then it is possible that there is corruption in the WMI Repoository.

Instructions for reinstalling WMI can be found at the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/reinstalling_wmi.asp

nkapoor
Level 3

Symantec Connect folks, please note what happens when I insert an image.  I undrestand this to be a bug?

Greetings,

Nichant

panos83
Level 3

i cannot do that because i cannot open the program!!!More ideas?

panos83
Level 3

Anyone?

Turls
Level 6
@nkapoor

FYI,

The max image width that can be used is 620px. But, if you are posting an image in a reply, probably the width is even less..580px.

We have made a note of this issue and will be working to fix it in our next release. And, I  resized the screenshot on your reply too..:-)

Thanks,
Swathi

panos83
Level 3
ok about the image but what about the problem!!! :)

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Panos83,
First thing I would suggest doing is running liveupdate and getting the latest updates. If you can't run liveupdate, then download SP3 manually and install it.  From that error message you are still running the base install of 11d, there are a ton of updates available for 11d.

SP3 - http://support.veritas.com/docs/303031

panos83
Level 3
ok thank you about that.I see a lot of hotfixes about 11d sp3.Where can i find all available hotfixes?Is there a list?Is it recommended to download sp4?Thank you

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You can download service from this page
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15047

SP4 includes all service released before the SP was released

panos83
Level 3
After sp3 installation an some hotfixes i get a similar error(faulting application beserver.exe,faulting module beserver.exe,version 11.0.7170.43,fault address 0x00113c1f).I also install net framework 3.5 sp1.What can cause that do we know what is this error?

nia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi Pano,

Can you open now the application?
If not, did you try to stop the BE Job service and open the BE Console?
Another idea (but i did not try it). Open the SQL database of Backup Exec and try to find the selection list that causes the problem, and try to delete it (always take a backup first).
The database (I suppose) is under :C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data

Try first with the service, and let us know.

Regards,
Nikos