cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beserver.exe 100% CPU usage

Christy_Cazee
Level 2
Greetings:
The beserver.exe process started taking up 100% CPU usage a few days ago. I have been unable to get into Backup Exec since this happened. I have tried everything that was suggested to other people that had this problem in the forum and nothing has worked. I need to be able to keep the data and can't just start over from base. We do use SMTP for job notifications, but I can't get into BE to turn them off. Is there a way to turn this off through the registry to see if that will fix the problem? Currently using Win2kServer sp4, BE9.1sp1. I tried applying SP4a and hotfix56, but this didn't fix anything. I've tried a complete uninstall and reinstall and when I copy the data back over, I get the same results and have to disable beserver.exe and reboot to be able to do anything. I've tried a database repair as well and that doesn't do anything. Disabling Symantec AntiVirus doesn't help either. Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you. Christy
2 REPLIES 2

Joshua_Small_2
Level 4
Sounds like a corrupt database.
Run beutil and perform a database repair.

You may also have a corrupt catalogue. Try deleting the contents of this directory. I realise you don't want to lose data, but losing old catalogues is not generally that big a deal.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-is any related event logs are generated ?

-backups are running on tapes or backup-to-disk ?

-as soon as backup starts taks beserver.exe 100% CPU usage or even if no job running...

-simply disable SMTP notifications from Tools > Emails and Pager Notification > clear checkbox : enable

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.