cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beserver.exe taking high cpu utilization and high memory

Rendezvous_Royz
Level 3

Hi Team,

I`ve Backup Exec 2014 on Windows 2008 R2.....

Issue is when I checked in task manager, beserver.exe process taking high utilization and high CPU usage, no backup job is running, after services reboot it wokring fine for some moment, however again same after some time.

I`ve checked in Google as well as veritas community, however no solution found which I can apply on my server.

Please suggest urgently as it is getting difficult working on server due to slowness and backup jobs are getting recovered and resumed status.

Thanks and Regards

Saurabh Roy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check and make sure that you don't have your AV actively scanning the BE services. If so, put in exclusions for them and check again.

Also make sure that all patches for your version of BE have been installed via LiveUpdate.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check and make sure that you don't have your AV actively scanning the BE services. If so, put in exclusions for them and check again.

Also make sure that all patches for your version of BE have been installed via LiveUpdate.

Thanks!

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the information, this issue was due to AV scanning the BESERVER.EXE every time when I restarted the services. Now working fine.

Thanks and Regards

Saurabh Roy