Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beserver.exe taking up memory and CPU

Matt_Jurcich
Level 3
Partner
Hi!

I have a server that is Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP1 with BackupExec 11d build 6235 installed. BESERVER.EXE overnight will suck up 1.5GB of RAM and backups will fail to start and the administration program won't be able to connect to the BE services. I have to stop the BackupExec Server service in Administrative Tools/Services and restart it for normal operation to start. AFter it has restarted the it uses 55% CPU for a number of hours, even though no job is running.

I have applied all Windows 2003 critical updates. I have also run LiveUpdate for BackupExec and it installed Hot Fix 2, 6, 9, 10, and 11. I see there are some other hotfixes, but I'm not sure which one should be applied as there have been multiple recommendations.

The server is a new HP ML350 Xeon 5130, 4GB RAM, with a HP StorageWorks 1/8 LTO3 autoloader. Everything else is working great except this BE issue. This server is a file/print server and is a member of a domain. It has VMWare Server installed on it, but not running at the moment. It is a Symantec Antivirus Corp Edition primary server for abour 40 users and serves 2 network printers. It has HP SIM on it (which is SQL related). Can't think of anything else that would be imporant--ask and I can tell you more.

Thanks for any assistance.

-m
2 REPLIES 2

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
This thread may help

http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=71448&tstart=50

Matt_Jurcich
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw that one last night and I do have that folder. I am getting a different message in that file, that the RDL.RDL file could not be opened because it is in use.

Thanks.

-m