cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bexec 12.5 exchange backup problem

jwcooper
Level 4
I am having a problem with an exchange backup.  Everytime it runs I get error code E000846B (The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent ).  I have looked through these forums and found some KB's to address this issue.  None of them have done anything for the problem. 

I have manually cleared out the selection list and redo it.  I have removed and reinstalled the backupexec agent.  I have verified that the service is running and under local system.  I am able to backup the system state from the server just not the actual exchange data.

Here is the error I'm getting in the log.

Backup- \\server.local\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
Unable to attach to .

V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. 

Any help would be great.

Thank you,
Joe

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
You have licensed the Exchange agent correct?
What happens when you run a manual backup of the Exchange Information Store?

Chris_L1
Level 4
Partner
can you check if you can see that particular server in your favourite resuorces in your selection list?

jwcooper
Level 4
Yes it should be licensed, and the option is installed
By manual I assume you mean a manual job with a manually selected "selection list".  This comes back with the same error.

jwcooper
Level 4
Yes the system is in the favorite and that is where I do the selection.

jwcooper
Level 4
Any ideas?

Chris_L1
Level 4
Partner
 hello mate, sorry for the late reply but I was away for a while. I want to help you out with this so can you give me those articles that you have already read and performed, so I can be aware what you have done so-far.

jwcooper
Level 4
Article 1: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287909.htm
Article 2: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/240971.htm

These are the only two that I could remember and find.

Chris_L1
Level 4
Partner
I will need some debug information. Do you know how to run the debuging monitor and save the output? I would advise you to turn on the Debug Monitor (the article from this link is for GRT but you must select all of the tick boxes there)and then run a backup job especially for this server (in that way we will catch the communication problem between BE Media server and agent). Watch the output and when error message appears, click "Yes" and then save the whole output and post it here. Let me know how you progress (you can send me personal message for faster response).