cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date of last backup on the media

stagger43
Level 3

I have a stack of tapes LTOs that I believe are month ends.  I did an inventory of the media/LTO Tape and the dates I see IE allocated Date, creation date modified do not seem to match what I believe this tape to be IE I say this Tape is July 2012 end of month (last used) and those dates are Creation date 11/11/2011 Allocated date 11/30/2011 and modified date 12/1/2011.

So with me thinking this is July 2012’s end of month this doesn’t make any sense.

Yes I have inventoried and cataloged but I can’t seem to find the date that I am looking for. The date I need is the date last used, the last time this tape was used as a backup.

Symantec Backup exec 2010

thx!!

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Create a restore job and click on the View by Media tab.  You can then see what backup sets are on the tape.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here is a KB explaining what these dates mean - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO22911

Ideally, the "modified date" is the date you should be looking for & a good way to verify is to open the restore screen as previously advised.

stagger43
Level 3

Thx I will check it out!!!