cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicating backup set sources

L_
Level 4

I've an exchange backup set in a LTO4 tape created an year ago and would now like to duplicate the whole set to a B2D device. But I couldn't find the tape when selecting the source in creating duplicate set job. Please advise. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In the selection screen, make sure that your date range is big enough to show the backup set on your tape.  Alternatively. you can click on the resource tab and select the tape.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Have you invetoried the tape & catalog it once & also on tape if you right click on tape & click on restore data what happen do you see anything, if you can see then try to duplicate it again & tape should be there

Also if catalog fails then you can try this from the link below , go to tool-options-catalogs-uncheck storage based catalogs & then perform catalog & if it is done then duplicate to disk

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH51259

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In the selection screen, make sure that your date range is big enough to show the backup set on your tape.  Alternatively. you can click on the resource tab and select the tape.

L_
Level 4

I can browse restore file from that tho the restore job failed.

Inventory is done but catalog return the error:

e0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2304

Please advise.

L_
Level 4

pkh... you're the man...