cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e0008ld0 Pre/post command error

serverguy78
Level 4

Hello, I have had two B2D backups fail on me due to the e0008ld0 pre post command. Can someone help me?

9 REPLIES 9

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please post the exact error that you are getting in the Job log.

Also, are you using the Pre-post command option in Backup Exec??

Have you confirmed that the Pre-post batch files are getting executed correctly when run outside Backup Exec ??

Please provide more information about why the pre-post is used here.

Thanks,

-Sush...

serverguy78
Level 4

Yes I am using the pre-post command option

Here is how i am using it:

Settings Pre/Post commands

D:\application.exe STOP application

D:\application.exe START application

I'm not using a batch file.

We have this application stop while the backup is running.

Here is error from the job log

Backup- DOHSFPCHD3707
V-79-57344-33232 -
Error: Pre Job Command did not complete in time.
Error: Pre Job Command
D:\application.exe STOP application

Canceled.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If you logon as the BESA does the command run OK?

Also, remember that when the Pre/Post commands run, there is no path set, so all commands require an absolute path in the command itself.  One of the reasons for using a CMD file.  You can set a path as the first statement in the file

serverguy78
Level 4

What is a BESA? I'm not using a command file, I just using stop as the precommand to stop the application and start as the post command.

Sir_Fang_the_Gr
Level 3
Employee

the Backup Exec Service Account(BESA) is the account used to start the Backup Exec services.  This is the account the service uses when it runs your script. 

serverguy78
Level 4

How do I run or test the script from inside Backup Exec?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What you need to do is to logon to the media server using the BESA and then execute the command.  If it failed, then you have to trouble-shoot why it failed, e.g. lack of permission, etc.  Once you can successfully execute the command while you are logon as the BESA, then you should have no problem using as either a pre- or a post- command.

Also, you might want to lengthen the time for the pre-command to complete before declaring it as a failure.

serverguy78
Level 4

Its set to 30 minutes for quiting. I have the option check not to run backup if precommand fails.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What is a BESA?

You can refer to the Glossary at the top of this forum