cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventory of my robotic library issue

chase_bragan
Level 2
Anytime i try to run an inventory of my robotic library it goes into offline mode.

im currently running backup exec 10.d and using an overland LoaderXpress lxl1u11

I also am unable to run backup jobs, each time i do it asks me to insert media using the import command. and each time i run the import it says it is successful, but it doesn't work.
9 REPLIES 9

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have enbled the bar code rules?

Please note that if bar code ruled are enabled then inventory will not work.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

chase_bragan
Level 2
the bar code rule was not enabled.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Do you get any error during inventory in job log?

Does the inventory on backup to disk folder work? Are there any alerts in BE?

Is it a SAN environment? Check for any errors in event log!

Ensure that the device firmware is latest. Also install latest drivers.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

chase_bragan
Level 2
currently the only thing that does work is backups to disk, anything that involves the robotic tape library doesnt work.

When trying to run an inventory the drive and robotic library go "offline" and i get an error that there was something wrong with the device.

When i try to run a backup it asks me to importat media using the import command.

when i try to import media it says that the job completed but it doesnt look like it has done anything at all.

when i try to run a backup job after i import media it doesnt work and asks me to again import media using the import command.

"Backup Exec Alert: Device Error
(Server: "TAPESERVER") (Job: "Inventory Library 00048") The robotic library hardware is in the incorrect mode.

The robotic library hardware may be offline or in the wrong mode for performing operations. Please check the robotic library hardware and Respond OK to continue."

this is the error i receive after i try and run the inventory which turns my robotic library "offline"

What do you mean by a SAN envivroment, all device drivers are upto date and all device setup was verified by overland as being correct.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Thank you for the Update !

We would like to know whether the device is connected to the Backup Server locally or shared over the Storage Area Network (SAN) Environment ?

-Can Windows device Manager detects Changer and drive correctly ?
-What are SCSI Ids given to changer and drive ?
-check library mode so backup Exec can talk to device !!

-Check for anr related errors in event logs !

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

chase_bragan
Level 2
the backup server is directly connected to the robotic library via a scsi card,

currently the robotic arm has id #2, the drive itself has id #3 and the scsi card has id #4,

i dont see anything in the event log other then what shows up in the failed job logs.

the robotic library is sequential lto mode which was the default, the only other option is random mode.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Check if you are getting any alerts.

check if you are getting event id's 7,9,11 or 15.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Marc_Hall
Level 3
I had a similar issue with my quantum LTO3 Library, I downloaded the updated drivers for BENT and rebooted. From there everything was smooth sailing.

Hope This Helps

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Could you please Update us on the issue

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.