cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual removal of backup exec

clayton_pflibse
Level 2
Hello I have a really messed up install of backup exec 9.1

I installed the latest service pack and it seems to have really messed everything up. I have tried repairs and reinstalls but all they do is error out saying it was interrupted. I think the best solution at this point is remove backup exec manually and reinstall. Do you have directions for doing this procedure?
2 REPLIES 2

clayton_pflibse
Level 2
additional information:

installed on windows 2003 server DC

when going to reinstall get error please provide original BEWS install media to re-apply transforms.

This is when I try to install from the original disks

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
To uninstall Backup Exec 9.x download the Microsoft Installer (MSI) Cleanup utility, and use it to uninstall it if backup exec cannot be uninstalled from control panel.

The MSI Installer Cleanup utility can be currently obtained from the Microsoft Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301

You might like to call us if you would like to manually uninstall the software. You can call 800-634-4747 or visit support.veritas.com to get you local support number.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.