cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ready; no media servers are available in job status afer change the media server to be standalone sever

ramy_shaker
Level 4

Dears ,

please helop

when i run any backup or restore job if find the following message

ready; no media servers are available in job status  afer change the media server to be standalone sever

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I take it you removed this server from a CASO, right? It could be that the server is still pointing to the CASO server as the location for the BEDB. I've had something similar happen, and had to hack information out of the registry.

Open up your registry and back it up first.

Once done, do a search under HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Symantec and look for the name of the CASO server. When you find it, change the name from the server name of the CASO server to the name of the local server. Once you've changed all the entries, close off regedit.exe and try starting the services again.

THanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Check the status of your destination device(Disk\Tape Drive)

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I take it you removed this server from a CASO, right? It could be that the server is still pointing to the CASO server as the location for the BEDB. I've had something similar happen, and had to hack information out of the registry.

Open up your registry and back it up first.

Once done, do a search under HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Symantec and look for the name of the CASO server. When you find it, change the name from the server name of the CASO server to the name of the local server. Once you've changed all the entries, close off regedit.exe and try starting the services again.

THanks!