cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange start date far in future for repeating jobs

Stefan_Demmig
Not applicable
Partner

I would like to generate a backup job repeating every 14 days beginning at 03.04.2011 valid beginning at 03.04.2011. The job was placed with next start date 17.04.2011. I looked over my configuration and sent the job again. Now it was configured to start 01.05.2011. I ended up by resending the job with different configurations with a start date of 10.07.2011. Somehow the database seems to think, the job is already done till 10.07.2011, missing 03.04.2011, 17.04.2011, 01.05.2011 .... Of couse, I could just delete the job and create a new one, but there are copy-jobs dependent on this job which would have to be recreated as well. So I would rather like to set the start date back to 03.04.2011 somehow.

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Go back into the job itself in Job Setup, and then to Schedule.

Click the button to Edit Schedule Details, and under Effective Date, select the date you want it to go into effect on. Make sure the tick button is selected too.

Laters!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I had encountered some instances of this problem in the past.  What I do is to submit another job to fill up the missing dates.  In your case, it would be 03.04.2011 and 17.04.2011.  Once the schedule gets going after that, there is no problem.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Also don't use the Availability Window in the Selection List (priority and availability section)

As if the timings in this section are at odds with those in the Job Schedule then very off effects can be seen with the future job scheduling.