cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to install SAN SSO secondary on MMS BE server

alinawaz
Level 5

Hi All,

We have following environment can anyone please correct us and give us suggestion

One Server which is connected on LAN and we installed BE-2010 R2 and CASO.

Two Servers connected with TAP Library by SAN FC Switch. one of them we installed BE and SAN SSO as Primary Server and we made it MMS (Manage Media Server for CASO). on 2nd server we installed BE and MMS but we cannot install SAN SSO as secondary it is giving error that SAN SSO primary server should be same as Central Administration server.

do we need to install CASO and SAN SSO Primary on same server but why?

2nd thing i want to install Oracle agent license but where i can install it on MMS servers or CASO server. i want to create the job from CASO server for oracle server.

Thanks

Agha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Quote from the install :

Primary: The primary SAN SSO server contains shared ADAMM & catalog databases for the Shared Storage Network.

Secondary: This server stores its ADAMM & catalog data in the shared databases on the primary server for the Shared Storage Network.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6

The CASO server and the SSO Primary server should be installed on the same Backup Exec media server to centrally manage all shared devices...

You can install lic for the Oracle agent on this primary server, i.e. the CASO server...

alinawaz
Level 5

Thanks.

can you please tell me which information SAN SSO primary server store. i know about CASO that it centrally manage the cat logs and job logs but i dont know about SAN SSO.

what the SAN SSO database contains information.

Thanks

Agha 

VJware
Level 6

Quote from the install :

Primary: The primary SAN SSO server contains shared ADAMM & catalog databases for the Shared Storage Network.

Secondary: This server stores its ADAMM & catalog data in the shared databases on the primary server for the Shared Storage Network.

alinawaz
Level 5

Thanks a lot.