cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution either from Veritas or scripted to integrate VCS/VxFS with Tivoli

Luis-Miguel_Ast
Level 3
Good afternoon,

I am looking for a soluition to integrate VCS/VxFS with the Tivoli TEC environment.

Any ideas are welcomed.

Kind regards,

Luis-M.
5 REPLIES 5

Volker_Hermin1
Level 4
Hi,
AFAIK there is no ready solution to this. The criticality of certain events happening in VxFS/VCS/VxVM is probably too customer-specific to be reasonably shrink-wrapped.
What I see most often is a log file adapter that checks /var/adm/messages and /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log for relevant messages. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a complete list of relevant messages available, but you could start by searching /var/adm/messages for all llt/gab/vxvm/vxfs-messages first, then masking out those that appear irrelevant to you.
In the VCS log, you would be most interested in stuff like "...agent is calling clean...", which points to something that went wrong (a resource became offline unexpectedly).

Luis-Miguel_Ast
Level 3
Thank you very much Volker,

Wiil look into this more closely.

Also found out that another group within our enterprise integrated Tivoli monitoring for Veritas Clustering. We will adapt it to run and monitor Veritas on our platform (linux) instead of Solaris.

Kind regards,

Luis.

Volker_Hermin1
Level 4
Don't forget you can award points for correct answers. Kind of fuels my further efforts...

Stumpr2
Level 6
I guess there are no further efforts required.

Volker_Hermin1
Level 4
I meant general efforts in this and other forums.