cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO bring zones in VCS

sunny_9999
Not applicable

Please let me know the procedure to bring zones in VCS configuration.

I have given the path like this:

bash-3.2# zoneadm list -cvi
  ID NAME             STATUS     PATH                           BRAND    IP
   0 global           running    /                              native   shared
   1 myzone           running    /DB103/BSSP/ORACLE/datafiles   native   shared

bash-3.2# df -h /DB103/BSSP/ORACLE/datafiles
Filesystem             size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/vx/dsk/BSSPdg/data
                       900M   337M   528M    39%    /DB103/BSSP/ORACLE/datafiles

the FS(/DB103/BSSP/ORACLE/datafiles )is under cluster...

Till now I have created zones in both the nodes.

Let me know how we can proceed further.

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Paresh_Bafna
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

Steps to bring Zone under VCS configuration -

• Configure, install and boot the zone

• Perform initial console configuration for the zone.

For more details refer to Oracle documentation about "Performing the Initial Internal Zone Configuration" section in the System Administration Guide: Oracle Solaris Containers-Resource Management and Oracle Solaris Zones guide.

• Make sure global zone hostname is pingable from inside the zone

• Run /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hazonesetup utility on each node of the cluster with Zone on that node.

/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hazonesetup utility will create service groups, resources, if required. Also, it will setup password-less communication between local zone global zone. Password-less communication is required by applications running inside zone to communicate to VCS engine running in global zone.

If you already have VCS storage resources (Mount, DiskGroup, Volume, etc) to monitor zoneroot FS (/DB103/BSSP/ORACLE/datafiles), you can add Zone resource to same service group as storage resources by providing same service group name to hazonesetup.

Make sure you setup correct dependencies between storage resources and Zone resource, such that zoneroot FS is brought online before Zone resource online is initiated (make Zone resource parent of storage resource).

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Paresh Bafna