Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two node VCS Linux Cluster with HP CA replication

uvahpux
Level 4
Partner

Hi All,

would like to have a solution for below issue which i am facing during my twno node linux cluster for HP CA replication.

I have configured a two node cluster, each cluster resides in separate sites with dedicated HP P6300 storage. We had configured the storages,Fabric etc according to recommdation. I had installed the vcs agent for hp ca storage.

We have assigned a vdisk from primary array to Primary node and created a DR group for the vdisk for replication accroass to DR site array and presented the same vdisk to DR node. 

We have configured  LVMVolumeGroup, LVMLogicalVolume and Mount resource in VCS Service Group.however whenever i try o bring the Mount resourece to online the service group going to faulty state for some reason.

also i unable to integrate the EVACA resource in VCS Cluster for some reason.

Any advice highly appreciated.

Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22

uvahpux
Level 4
Partner

Hi Mike,

I tried with device mapper but it was not successful as it was unable to activate the VG, manual also not working. after installing dmp it was working fine.

One more Question! in vg i have 4 nos of pv configured. all of them were replicated with respective DRG group to DR array, i have assigned them to the hosts.

now i need to specify all four DRG group name in conf,

should it be like below ?

EVACA nmsispiEVACA (
  LocalEVAName @S1_EVA
  LocalEVAName @S2_EVA
  DRGroupName = DRG1

DRGroupName = DRG2

DRGroupName = DRG3

DRGroupName = DRG4
  ManagementServer = ""
  SSSUPath = "/opt/Hewlett-Packard/sssu_linux_x64"

or i need to have a single DR group ?

Thanks.

uvahpux
Level 4
Partner

Hi Mike,

I have specified the PR array information, I am giving you the main.cf output.

EVACA nmomuEVACA (
  ManagementServer = ""
  LocalEVAName = Q_NMS1_EVA
  DRGroupName = DRG_VCS_OMU
  SSSUPath = "/opt/Hewlett-Packard/sssu_linux_x64"
  )

I would like to have commands.

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The syntax you have shown is invalid - an attribute in a resource can only appear once, except if it is localised like LocalEVAName.  Some attributes let you specify lists like "= {value1, value2}", but DRGroupName is not a list, it is just a single attribute.  So you need to put in PVs into one DRGroupName as all the PVs are related as they are in the same VG.  Assuming DRGroupName is the same concept as replication groups in other replication products like VVR and EMC, you should always put related LUNS in the same group, regardless of whether you are using VCS and separate replication groups should only be used for separate independent LUNs where you would create a seperate resources in VCS.

Mike