cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS SAP HANA agent

ptsvetkov
Level 1

Hello all!

We have Replicated Data Cluster two nodes in local cluster. No global clustering.

My questions now about our RDC cluster. I could not find all neсessary information in  cluster pdf doc.

1.  When the primary Site1 fails   (or we switch  over SAP IP vcs group  manually ) the secondary  Site2 becomes primary  with Site 1 DB going down.

Should the cluster agent start  up Site 1 DB as secondary automatically or administrator must do it manually?

2.   We  must have three  different IPs for RDC cluster : one virtual IP is for connections from applications (productive  SAP IP)

and two IPs for two nodes for data replication between  primary and secondary databases. 

But we have no sample RDC cluster configuration  with  replication  IPs. Why?  This is strange because cluster must know about  network replication status...

3. Is  Replicated Data Cluster (RDC)   really supported for SAP HANA Cluster Agent ?

Could you give us a real  working configuration example?

Thank you very much!  Kind regards , Pavel Tsvetkov

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Pavel,

I'm not sure what your SAP configuration looks like (not gone through the SAP guide but I know it has mutliple interdependent service groups) but you need to configure replication service groups (of hybrid type) as the base of the cluster. These service groups will be hybrid as they're both parralel (between zones) and non-parralel (within zones).

On top of these replication service groups you'll then need to add and link the SAP service groups using the dependencies you require. SAP has some strange dependencies and I previously had to use VOM to control them but that issue should be resolved now as you can have multiple parents since version 6.0.

There is no guide to show you this but you can take a look at the RDS Cluster configuration for SQL to get the concept clear in your mind. http://origin-download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/8000/DOC8783/en_US/sf_hadr_sql2012_solns_70_win.pdf

If you have further questions post your main.cf

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Pavel,

I'm not sure what your SAP configuration looks like (not gone through the SAP guide but I know it has mutliple interdependent service groups) but you need to configure replication service groups (of hybrid type) as the base of the cluster. These service groups will be hybrid as they're both parralel (between zones) and non-parralel (within zones).

On top of these replication service groups you'll then need to add and link the SAP service groups using the dependencies you require. SAP has some strange dependencies and I previously had to use VOM to control them but that issue should be resolved now as you can have multiple parents since version 6.0.

There is no guide to show you this but you can take a look at the RDS Cluster configuration for SQL to get the concept clear in your mind. http://origin-download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/8000/DOC8783/en_US/sf_hadr_sql2012_solns_70_win.pdf

If you have further questions post your main.cf