Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients under DLO and upgrade to 7.0

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I need to upgrade to new DLO 7.0 from Backup Exec 2010. I know the procedure to upgrade from this versión. At this time the customer only use DLO inside of Backup Exec.

My question is about the clients what's happen when I made the upgrade on the server. Will they continuing making backups?

I can't make the upgrade to all clients in one step. There are over 350 clients reporting to server.

Regards,

Carlos Espinoza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Symantec doesn't recommend to use the older version of DLO agent on the client machines. All the clients should be upgraded to the SDLO 7.0 Agent.  In order to upgrade all the Backup Exec DLO agent one should create a text file for all the client machines and than import that text file for pushing the SDLO 7.0 agent on all the remote client machines. To do that follow the following steps

NOTE: New users will not be able to connect to the SLO 7.0 using the Backup Exec DLO agent. Any changes performed on the profile would not be updated on the Backup Exec DLO Agent unless they all are updated to SDLO 7.0

From DLO 7 it has been changed you need to upgrade your client too for ensuring stable backup and restores ,If it BE 2010 and DLO 2010 with on client DLO verison was for 12.5 then this would have been working but from DLO 7 no it is not possible

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186435

Hope that helps

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Symantec doesn't recommend to use the older version of DLO agent on the client machines. All the clients should be upgraded to the SDLO 7.0 Agent.  In order to upgrade all the Backup Exec DLO agent one should create a text file for all the client machines and than import that text file for pushing the SDLO 7.0 agent on all the remote client machines. To do that follow the following steps

NOTE: New users will not be able to connect to the SLO 7.0 using the Backup Exec DLO agent. Any changes performed on the profile would not be updated on the Backup Exec DLO Agent unless they all are updated to SDLO 7.0

From DLO 7 it has been changed you need to upgrade your client too for ensuring stable backup and restores ,If it BE 2010 and DLO 2010 with on client DLO verison was for 12.5 then this would have been working but from DLO 7 no it is not possible

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186435

Hope that helps

Thanks