cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7.5 SP1 not able to working with Notes 8.5.3

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Hi,

I have a freshly installed Notes 8.5.3 which is working properly. I have installed DLO 7.5 SP1 Agent, and when i want to start it, it is not able to starting.

Notes Error.JPG

Is there any solution for this?

Thank you.

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you launching the DLO Agent when Notes client is already open ? Do you encounter this issue when the system is restarted ?

If you encounter this issue irrespective of the time and whether DLO Agent or Lotus client is started first, I would recommend to log a formal support case and reference - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH208734

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Joe,

Have you checked to see if this isn't perhaps a port clash?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

Are you launching the DLO Agent when Notes client is already open ? Do you encounter this issue when the system is restarted ?

If you encounter this issue irrespective of the time and whether DLO Agent or Lotus client is started first, I would recommend to log a formal support case and reference - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH208734

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Hi CraigV,

Thank you for your comment, i think no port clash, i have checked with netstat but didn`t see any suspicious. When Notes is not started, i have a same issue.  If I edit notes.ini, according this info: At the end of the ini file, add the following: APIDeveloper=1  The mentioned error not appeares, but DLO is not able to starting.

When i had time and test it the end of 2013 it was working properly. I have contacted to my Notes admin, the only changes is happened, that He configured the auto login (use my windows login data) in Notes.

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for your comment. If Notes is started or not i have the attached error message. I have restarted my computer, but the results are the same.The differences if notes started, and then DLO is started manually both of them crashes. If i start DLO, it crash, but after that i can start Notes w/o any error.

CraigV

OK, so is there an antivirus installed? If so check and see if it isn't perhaps blocking both those processes and closing them down...

Thanks!

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Yes I have McAfee. I have disabled it, for a short time, while i was test it (start DLO only), i have the same result. sad

allenjamieson
Level 3

hi

i believe this technote covers it (fingers crossed its helpful and i didnt misread somewhere)

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH208734

AJ

VJware
Level 6

Hiya AJ,

Yes, this KB covers it. And its the same one which I had posted earlier. It been edited with an extra step which should help customers who facing this issue.

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Hi AJ,

Thank you very much for your response.

This was the solution. smiley

I have created the DISABLELOADNOTESDLL reg key in the registry, and now everything working properly...

Thank you again!

Joe

allenjamieson
Level 3

damn sorry vivek :(

CraigV

Joe: Please switch the solution to VJ as he did post the correct TN initially.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

It's alright :)

allenjamieson
Level 3

Or if anyone else can move the soloution to him i'd appreceate it, dont want to steal anyone elses points!

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Dear All,

Thank you for your help.

Sorry VJ it was my mistake that didn`t check the link from the end of your comment, but i thougt it ponted to the support case creation site. It was misleading for me, in the context.

Joe