cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving NUDF storage location

smithj
Level 6

Hi

I need to move 683 users to a new NUDF storage location with a different name.

This will mean that users will need to have this location updated on their client agent.

What are the recommended steps in doing this to minimize any impact to end users?

(Users are currently using DLO agent version 7.0 and console is on DLO 7.5. We have

tried to upgrade users to DLO 7.5, but there was a high amount of IOps on our NetApp filer

due to Dedupe operations. Upgrading is not an option at the moment. Also, the NUDF is

a NetApp filer)

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jimmy

22 REPLIES 22

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

I tested this again on two different systems. One had UAC set to default and the other had it disabled and still it failed to restart the DLO agent after migration. I also tried it again after adding Modify permissions to the C:\Windows\Tasks folder for the current user and still the agent failed to start.

Any other ideas on this?

Thanks

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are the sharing and security permissions set appropriately on the new storage ? If yes, I would recommend to log a formal support case for us to investigate this further.

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

Yes, permissions are setup correctly on the new storage. I've also tried the migration to exisiting storage locations and the same thing happens. I will open a formal case for this.

Thanks for all your assistance

Jimmy