cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for upgrading DLO Agents

john10
Level 6

Hello All,

Recently we upgraded DLO server from 6.1MP5 to 7.5, and it was working fine with out any issues. now i need  to upgrade DLO Agents from 6.1MP5 to same 7.5, but im bit confused which file should run in S/W to upgrade the client. Could any can suggest me on this.

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi John,

try these steps (taken from this TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH211277)

1. Click Tools menu, and click Install Agents and Maintenance Services on Remote Computers…
  2. Click Next on Install DLO Agent and DLO Maintenance Server remotely wizard.
  1. To install DLO agent, select the radio button DLO Agent, click Add, enter name or IP address of the client system and Domain name and click OK.
  1. Enter the Remote Computer Logon Credentials on the prompt. Use a user name and password for an account that has administrative rights on the remote computer. Usually a domain admin account. Click OK.
  2. You may add more client systems from the same wizard if required. Click Install to push install the SDLO agent.

Note: See Help and About… on the SDLO Agent console to confirm DLO version.

Thanks!

john10
Level 6

Hello Craig,

Thanks for your response, but what my issue is, we upgraded DLO server , and now all clients are running on 6.1MP5, but by phusing the Agent from console will take direct upgrade to 7.5 for Agents which cause a problem in future restores of old data, but here we had 6.1MP7 patch for DLO, first we need to patch same for all clients and later we can push 7.5 from SDLO.  previously we ren the setup.exe for DLO server so it came to 6.1MP7 from 6.1MP5. but now if im running this setup file it was taking as fresh instalation of DLO in Agents and asking for Licence key. Hope you understand. Thanks in advance.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...more information always helps trying to get things sorted out! wink