cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Vault Store that is 100% full. Can we split the data on several partitions

Martin_ASD
Level 2

We have one Vault store that was closed to late and now it is 100% full. Is there anyway that we can split the data on this drive to another one ?

Thanks

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Then the only way to 'split' a partition is to 'move archive' to a new Vault Store (or use a third party to do a similar operation)

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BigPhil
Level 5

I think you have a couple of options here. You could either move some archives to a new Vault Store (or partition if you close the one thats full), or you could stop the Enterprise Vault services and move the vault store or partition to a new storage location. See the following technote on the later. http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35742

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You could copy the data to a new, bigger partition, and then update the entries in the PartitionEntry table to point to the correct place.

Martin_ASD
Level 2

All the partitions that are available to us have the same size so if I move the vault store we will have the same problem. It looks like the solution will be to move some of the archives. Can you tell me where can I find the documentation for the move procedure? As you can guess, I'm pretty new to all this archive management

Thanks

Martin_ASD
Level 2

Cannot copy to a bigger partition. They all have the same size.

Thanks

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Then the only way to 'split' a partition is to 'move archive' to a new Vault Store (or use a third party to do a similar operation)